Athletic Director | Kimberly
As established by state certification requirements; such other qualifications of academic, professional, and personal excellence as the Board of Trustees may specify.
Primary Responsibility to:
Senior High School Principal
Secondary Responsibility to:
Superintendent of Schools
In order to assist the district in providing each secondary school student (grades 7-12) an opportunity to participate in extra-curricular athletic activities (within financial and human resources) that will foster physical skills, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasures of sports, and the principals of fair play. The Athletic Director shall carry out the following tasks:
- Assume leadership in working with the principals and coaches in developing and activity philosophy consistent with that of the district. The AD shall not coach because of the unique relationship with the AD, the HS staff, and the need for objective supervision.
- Implement policies of the Board of Trustees pertinent to the activity program of the district.
- Continuously evaluate programs offered and make recommendations to the principal(s) and superintendent for modifications as appropriate. This includes program offerings and schedules at KMS.
- Conduct scheduled meetings with activity staff.
- Prepare and submit to the principal and the Superintendent of Schools a written annual report concerning the status accomplishments, needs, and problems of the activity programs of the district.
- Assist in the screening and recommendation for employment of members of the activity staff.
- Schedule supervisory personnel to be on duty at high school and middle school activities.
- Recommend purchase of all supplies and equipment using proper purchasing procedures.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of activity supplies and equipment. Inventory must be made and turned in by the respective coach within 30 days after the close of the activity.
- In cooperation with the maintenance personnel of the school, be responsible for the care and upkeep of athletic facilities under the supervision of the high school.
- Coordinate and schedule all activities for the high school and middle school athletics in order to avoid conflicts in use of transportation and facilities. Scheduling will be consistent with IHSAA rules and regulations and/or Board of Trustee policy.
- In cooperation with the principal of the high school, certify students for eligibility by administering the rules and regulations of IHSAA and follow school policy at the middle school.
- Supervise, organize and coordinate the concession stand for all school events. For use of district facilities, not involved with any other district or recognized parent group, the athletic department shall be the sole provider of concession goods.
- Oversee and approve all fund raising activities for the athletic department to include program sponsors, advertising, individual sport fundraising (grades 7-12) or other athletic department activities and coordinate with all other district fund raisers.
- Implement a vigorous public relations program to effectively interpret the activity programs of the district to the general public.
- Coordinate the planning and conducting of annual activity banquets, activities award nights and/or other recognition events that pertain to activity at the senior high school.
- Actively participate in the supervision and evaluation of personnel who have activity assignments.
- Actively participate in youth, athletic, and school district booster clubs.
- Be responsible for all halftime programs as appropriate.
- Attend all activity functions provided by the school events scheduled away from the school as developed with the principal.
- Actively participate in own personal professional growth programs and activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment:
An annual year to year contract.
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation.