Director and Maintenance and Custodial Services | Kimberly
- Experience in a specific trade.
- High School graduate or GED Equivalence
- Demonstrates knowledge of the basic principals of construction and maintenance
- Experience in supervision
- Such alternatives to above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Two or more years of supervision in a school setting.
Primary Responsibility to:
Superintendent of Schools
- To maintain the physical school facilities in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety so that full educational use may be made at all times.
- To supervise maintenance and custodial personnel.
- Directs and schedules the custodial, maintenance, and grounds work force.
- Maintains all buildings and operation equipment.
- Provides in-service to maintenance staff in the use of new equipment techniques, and/or procedures. Develops & teaches courses to refresh and update skills.
- Recruits, recommends for hiring, supervises, and evaluates all members of the custodial and maintenance staff.
- Establishes and supervises summer cleaning schedules and crews.
- Responsible for orientation and in-service training as needed to keep current on new methods for improving custodial and maintenance services.
- Prepares and recommends to Superintendent maintenance and custodial reports as requested.
- Administers, including purchasing, in accordance with budget limitations and district policies.
- Initiates and directs a district-wide preventative maintenance program.
- Initiates a district-wide safety program and requires strict adherence by all staff members both certified and classified, in conformance with state and insurance regulations.
- Insures safe tools and adequate supplies to allow proper performance of the custodial and maintenance functions.
- Maintains district fire and intrusion alarms and interfaces with the alarm company.
- Responds to after hour emergencies and/or alarms.
- Establishes standards of cleanliness that are acceptable and achievable with the resources available.
- Follows school district policy and chain of command.
- Acts ethically in all aspects of employment.
- Deals with students, parents, staff and others in a positive and encouraging manner.
- Performs other duties, as may be assigned by the Superintendent.
Terms of Employment:
This position shall be considered in all respects employment at will and the employee is subject to discharge by the district at any time without cause. The employment period and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the district so long as the employment continues.
An employee working in this position shall at all times be subject to the direction of the Superintendent or designee and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees. Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said Districts rules, regulations, and policies which have been reduced to writing and made available to the employee on the district web site and the district administrative office.
The employment period shall be for twelve (12) months with vacations as specified in district rules and regulations. The hourly wage shall be commensurate with the employee’s appropriate place on the approved wage scale.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Superintendent of Schools with input from building principals.