Director Of Federal Programs | Kimberly
The Director of Federal Programs is assigned the responsibility of managing the Federal Programs in accordance with federal guidelines and school policies. Major areas of responsibility are planning, implementing, evaluating and reporting on the Federal Title I, II, III, and V programs.
Primary Responsibility to: Superintendent
Responsibilities (job functions):
- Develop the Title programs in compliance with the state and federal guidelines.
- Develop and monitor budgets for the purpose of achieving program goals efficiently.
- Submit the grant applications.
- Recruit, select, supervise and evaluate staff assigned to the federal programs.
- Supervise the implementation of the federal programs.
- Evaluate the program and submits the evaluation reports to the State Department of Education.
- Coordinate and collaborate with all staff members including special ed to ensure that children receive appropriate services.
- Implement parent involvement activities.
- Attend meetings, workshops and conferences to gather knowledge for the purpose of improving educational opportunities for students and meeting federal Title program mandates.
- Report to the Board, Superintendent, and staff on the operation of the federal programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Skills to manage personnel, programs and fiscal resources.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to follow state and federal directives.
- Knowledge of state and federal program rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of effective instructional strategies, instructional programs and research on scientifically based instruction.