Food Service Worker/Cook | Kimberly
A demonstrated ability to accomplish the performance tasks listed below; and such alternatives to the below qualifications as the supervisor may find appropriate and acceptable.
Primary Responsibility to:
Supervisor of Food Service
Secondary Responsibility to:
Principals and Superintendent of Schools
To understand and perform all tasks necessary to the operation of a School Food Service Program. The Food Service Worker / Cook shall carry out the following performance tasks.
- Prepare all items according to standard procedures and recipes as per planned menu.
- Assist in the removal of food trays and in the cleaning of counters, tables, and furnishings in the cafeteria area.
- Assist in the daily clean up of the kitchen, service areas and equipment.
- Assist in the major cleaning of refrigerators and storage areas at regularly scheduled intervals.
- Assist in the storage and disposal of unused food.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Reports to the kitchen manager any faulty or inferior quality food with is received or prepared.
- Perform, if needed, related duties at special meal functions.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor of Food Services.
Terms of Employment:
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will” and the employee is subject to discharge by the district at any time without cause. The “employment period” and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the district so long as employment continues.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Supervisor of Food Services who may consult with the building principals.