Senior Information | Kimberly
The next Senior Parent meeting will be Tuesday, April 4th from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the library. The committees will be finalizing plans for the Overnight Drug-Free graduation party and decorations for graduation.
Parents, please take a minute to read the enclosed letter about the senior overnight graduation party. The other letter can be used to ask for donations and it includes Kimberly High School’s tax ID#.
Jostens will be here on April 12th at 10:30 to deliver caps, gowns and announcements. You will not receive your order unless it is paid in full. If you still owe money, bring cash or a money order on Apr. 12th. If you bring a check on Apr 12th, you will not receive your order until the check clears. If you have questions, contact Jennifer at 944-9826 or check online.
We would like for all Senior parents to make a poster for their child for the senior banquet. Poster paper is available in the library. The size of the paper is 11 x 18.
The local scholarship applications are available in the library. The Walton scholarship is for Kimberly High School seniors in the Class of 2017. The deadline is April 30th. The Lee Schmidt Scholarship and the Kimberly Foundation Scholarship are for current seniors and students who have graduated from Kimberly High School. The deadline is April 1st.
Seniors planning to attend CSI in the fall will need to attend a SOAR program in order to register for classes. Register for the program at www.csi.edu/soar. You can register for the SOAR program around April 1st.
The SBDC All Business Conference is sponsoring a scholarship competition. See Mrs. Klug for more information.
Idaho State University is offering a Bengal Bridge this summer. Students can earn 9-10 credits towards a degree at a $65.00 per credit. There will be reduced on-campus housing available. You need to apply before April 1, 2017.
College of Southern Idaho is offering a Bridge program. For more information, see Chantel, the CSI transition coordinator.
You can start filling out the FAFSA on Oct 1, 2016 for the 2017-18 school year. Also, you will be using your 2015 tax returns. Be sure that you are on the correct website, fafsa.gov. This application is free. Seniors and parents will need to create a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at fsaid.ed.gov before starting the FAFSA application.
If you need a transcript, sign up in Mrs. Klug’s office or see Mrs. Poulton.
You can learn about the ISU’s Honors program at www.isu.edu/honors.
Upcoming College Events
- Senior Project Fair Apr. 4th and 6th-All seniors taking Senior English must present their project on Apr. 4th or 6th.
- May 1st –The senior poster is due, Ceramic Bulldogs need to be finished, and $12.50 for each of the 2 adult guests for the senior banquet is due, $25.00 for the Senior After Graduation Fun-Fest and $55.00 for the Lagoon trip is due.
- Senior Project Presentations – May 16th- All seniors in Senior English must present their slide presentation.
- Senior Banquet – May 17th the doors open at 6:00p.m. and the banquet starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Senior Finals – May 19th and May 23rd
- Senior Trip to the Lagoon – May 24th- the bus leaves at 6:00 a.m. and will return around 7:00 p.m.
- Graduation Practice- May 25th at 10:00 a.m. Pictures will be taken so seniors need to wear their cap and gown.
- Graduation – May 25th all seniors need to be at KHS by 6:30 p.m. and graduation will start at 7:00 p.m.
- Senior After Graduation Night Fun- Fest- May 25th from 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- Lee Schmidt Scholarship – Deadline Apr. 1, 2017
- Lions Scholarship – Deadline Apr. 1, 2017
- SBDC Business Conference Scholarship – Deadline Apr. 4, 2017
- Kimberly Foundation Scholarship – Deadline Apr. 7, 2017
- Wendell Chamber of Commerce – Magic Valley Dairy Days Scholarship – Deadline April 15, 2017
- Walton Scholarship – Deadline April 30, 2017
- The Emerson Scholarship – Deadline May 1, 2017
- B Davis Scholarship – Deadline May 22, 2017 Apply at www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm
- Racine Olson Injury Scholarship – Deadline May 31, 2017 apply at www.racinelaw.net/practice-areas/boise-personal-injury-lawyers/
- Robinson & Henry Family Law Scholarship – Deadline May 31, 2017 apply at www.robinsonandhenry.com/denver-divorce-lawyer#scholarship
- Snow Carpio Weekly SCW Dreamers Scholarship- Deadline May 31, 2017 apply at http://workinjuryaz.com/phoenix-workers-compensation-lawyers/
- Big Sun Scholarship – Deadline June 19, 2017 apply at www.bigsunathletics.com
- Khan Law Scholarship – Deadline Aug. 1, 2017 apply at http://khaninjurylaw.com/scholarship/
- Washington University in St. Louis is looking for Candidates for the Danforth Scholars Program. See Mrs. Klug for more information.
- Seattle University is looking for students to apply for the Sullivan Leadership Award. If you are interested, see Mrs. Klug.
- Montana State University in Bozeman awards millions of dollars in scholarships to new students. One of their biggest scholarship programs is the Freshman Achievement Award.
- The Navy is looking for candidates for the NROTC scholarship. Students who receive this scholarship receive full tuition and other financial benefits worth up to $180,000.
- Check out the scholarships that are available at www.studentscholarships.org/newsletter/php
- Alert Magazine Scholarship – See Mrs. Klug or go to www.alertmagazine.org/scholarship.php
- Search for scholarships at StudentScholarships.org
Search for scholarships at www.highfivescholarships.com, CIS and the Idaho Community Foundation website.
Info about financial aid and scholarships can be found using the following address: www.fastweb.com
Additional websites for info on colleges and financial aid www.wiredscholar.com or www.collegenet.com or www.actstudent.org or www.collegeboard.com or www.ChristianConnector.com www.scholarships4students.com/scholarships_for_high_school_students.htm