Senior Project Requirements | Kimberly
Purpose: The State of Idaho’s graduation requirements include successful completion of a senior project. In the Kimberly School District that specifically means all students who receive a diploma from Kimberly High School will successfully complete a written report, an oral presentation, and some form of community experience. Community experience can be an internship, job shadow, community service; each a minimum of ten hours.
Goals: Each student will create a high-quality project that combines focused research and real-world experience, resulting in a written report and an oral presentation that applies rigor and relevancy to a research topic of the student’s choice.
- January 31-February 1 Senior Interviews for Projects
- February 9-12 Proposals will be due
- February 22-23 Secure Mentors
- February 27-28 Display Boards presented at Parent/Teacher Conferences
- March 19 STEM Fair
- May 3-4 Reflections Due
- May 15 Senior Final Presentation to a panel of adult judges
- May 16 Make Up of Senior Final Presentation