Middle School Counselor | Kimberly
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in guidance and counseling
- A certificate as a teacher, or fulfillment of requirements for certification
- A certificate as a school counselor
Primary Responsibility to:
Middle School Principal
Secondary Responsibility to:
Superintendent of Schools
To assist students to overcome problems that impede learning and to assist them in making educational, occupational, and life plans.
- Register, orient and aid students in course and subject selection.
- Maintains student records and protect their confidentiality.
- Is a member of the child study team.
- Works with ‘at risk’ students.
- Encourages students in their participation in school and community activities.
- Disseminates occupational information to students.
- Helps students evaluate career interests and choices.
- Works with students on an individual basis in the solution of personal problems.
- Confers with parents.
- Promotes the counseling program.
- Provides in-service training in counseling for staff.
- Advises administrators and faculty on the matters of student behavior.
- Act ethically in all situations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment:
The contract period shall be one-hundred-ninety (190) days. This shall include one-hundred-eighty (180) teaching days and up to ten (10) days to be assigned during the year by the administration. An extended contract may be assigned by the Superintendent. The salary shall be commensurate with the employee’s appropriate place on the approved salary and/or activity schedule.