Seventh Grade | Kimberly
Important things to note this last week of school!
- The count is on! We only have this week of school! We are all very busy at this time of year but it is imperative that we continue to encourage students to stay on top of their school work and finish strong. The work we are doing in class now is just as important as any of the other work done throughout the year. If a student is absent, it is the student’s responsibility to gather and complete missed work in a timely fashion.
- If you and your student know that they are going to be absent the last week of school, it is important to make arrangements with each teacher as soon as possible to complete work and or take tests before leaving. The student will be asked to come in before school or after school to take care of these items as class time is still being used for instruction.
- Wednesday students will have an altered schedule for an assembly and end of the year grade level activities.
- Friday - All School Swim Day at Nat-Soo-Pah
- $3.00 per student for swimming
- Friday - End of 4th Quarter 1:30 PM Early Release
*Please note that the following are our projected lesson topics for the week and that they are subject change. Thank you for understanding and working with us.
This week in English, we are finishing the year with The Outsiders movie!! We will be watching the complete novel edition Tuesday and Wednesday in class. The students may bring snacks for class and they can dress up like greasers and Socs those days. On Thursday, we will watch highlights of Napoleon Dynamite to promote humorous Idaho playwriting! =) We will also go to the STEM classes to observe their final presentations. It has been a great year with the Class of 2022!! They are amazing kids and I have really enjoyed watching them grow this year! Thank you, parents, for all that you do!
7th Grade Math: The End of Course Assessment will take two days and is scheduled for 5/30 and 5/31. Students will have a study guide to prepare. Students should begin to review now by going through their journals and old assessments.
Pre-Algebra: The End of Course Assessment will take two days and is scheduled for 5/30 and 5/31. Students will have a study guide to prepare. Students should begin to review now by going through their journals and old assessments.
In Social Studies we are finishing off today with some research and a presentation of an award to scientists of the Scientific Revolution. Tomorrow is a study do in preparation for the test on Thursday. Students can use a map and their study guide on the test. A completed study guide is highly recommended, especially for this test. Late work will not be accepted after Wednesday!
Just two days left in health! I have put all assignments/grades in Powerschool. Take a look and if you have any questions let me know. We'll be having a food lab and physical activity on Wednesday. Thanks for making my first year teaching a great one! I hope your child has had an increased awareness in their own health. We've had a fun year!
The week has finally arrived!! This week in science we are dissecting fetal pigs! The lab has been broken down into several sections that will be completed daily in small groups. This week, students are required to wear closed toed shoes to meet lab safety requirements. Students who are absent or decide that they cannot be in lab, have an alternative virtual lab assignment that will be completed in the library.
On Thursday this week we are also going to sneak over to the STEM classroom to observe student presentations. This is a crazy busy week with exciting things happening in science - please make sure your child comes prepared!
This is the week we share our iTouch Poster Stations with the world. Well, maybe not with the world, but we are sharing them with our peers!. As a team students utilized 3D Printing, Scratch Coding, and Makey Makey/Poster Design to teach a 60 second lesson about "The Most Important Thing they Learned in 7th Grade." We have all kinds of topics that cover Science, English, Social Studies, Math, Health, STEM, Music, and lessons learned through sports. Parents are welcome to stop in Thursday during the last 15 minutes of their students class period to see the end result.
We are finishing a Fast Food project today and will be sending home a recipe book to finish out the course. 6th and 7th grade nutrition will be eating salsa & chips while watching Ratatouille on Thursday (8th graders will be @ Nat-soo-pah)
There are a few students who have still not turned in their bedtime story. This assignment is worth 50 points and will hurt final grades, please make sure your student has turned theirs in. Tomorrow students are welcome to bring a "Harry Potter-related treat" as we will be celebrating the end of the course. If you would like to send something and have questions, please let me know firstname.lastname@example.org