Paraprofessional On Line Learning | Kimberly
The On Line Learning Teaching Assistant is assigned the responsibility of instructing students under the direction of the building principal and counselor.
Primary Responsibility to: Principal and Counselor
Responsibilities (Job functions)
- Manage classroom procedures to maintain a safe and productive learning environment.
- Monitor student progress.
- Have a working knowledge of on line learning programs, or a willingness to attain that knowledge.
- Perform limited clerical functions directly related to the instructional assignment for the purpose of assisting students, communicating with parents and the on line course provider about student progress.
- Utilize working knowledge of on line learning programs to communicate with students, parents, and on line school personnel.
- Administer tests to assess student achievement.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees.
- Attend conferences, in-service and workshops to enhance teaching skills and knowledge.
- Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Skills to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of principles of child development and instructional processes.
- 32 college credits or successful completion of the Para-Pro Test.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Computer skills including word processing, email, student data management system, internet, and on line learning programs.
- Patience and flexibility.
Terms of Employment:
The employment period shall be determined by the immediate supervisor and the Superintendent. The salary shall be commensurate with the classified salary schedule. Summer and vacation employment may be offered if funds are available. Paraprofessionals shall have reasonable assurance of part-time employment unless notified otherwise.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.