Recess Aide | Kimberly
- High School Diploma
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully with children and adults.
- Good physical health and ability to perform assigned duties.
- Required background check
Reports to: Principal/Vice Principal
Supervises: Recess activities under the direction of the Kimberly Elementary Administration
Job Goal: To assist in maintaining a safe recess environment by encouraging appropriate student social interactions through supervision of student play during recess time.
- Receive Training on Kimberly Elementary School Wide Positive Behavior Supports and implement the school wide system on the playgrounds.
- Supervise students and maintain a cooperative atmosphere during recess.
- Circulate among students and attempt to resolve minor problems as they arise.
- Assist in organizing various play activities and games as provided by building administration and/or PE teachers.
- Supervise the dismissal of students from the playground.
- Inform building administration immediately of any serious disciplinary problems.
- Question any non-school visitors and refer them to the main office to sign in.
- Keep building administration informed of any safety concerns.
- Establish and maintain a safe environment during recess.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities as designated by the Principal/Vice Principal.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a 5 hour day position
- Hours 9:30-3:00 with a 30 minutes lunch