School Clerk | Kimberly
Demonstrated ability to successfully accomplish the performance tasks listed below.
Primary Responsibility to:
Secondary Responsibility to:
In order to assist the principal in the efficient operation of the school so that a maximum positive impact can be made on the education of children, the school clerk shall carry out the following tasks:
- Encourage feelings of ease and confidence in students and parents. Be positive and confident when dealing with students, teachers, and parents.
- Supervise students in emergency situations.
- Compile attendance reports and/or computerized programs as directed.
- Maintain accurate and up to date permanent records as directed.
- Compile and maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment as directed.
- Prepare requisitions and purchase orders for books, supplies, equipment and other instructional materials as directed.
- Relieve school secretary for lunch breaks.
- Serve as school receptionist; meeting parents, students, sales representatives and other school guests.
- Complete routine clerical duties. Answer telephone calls and handle other district communication.
- Schedule appointment, meeting, and conference times when appropriate for teachers, counselors, and principals.
- Receive and appropriately dispense supplies and compile record of such.
- Receive and distribute daily mail.
- Complete student enrollment and registration procedures, including enrollment, insurance forms, etc.
- Provide students care as necessary, caring for ill or injured students as necessary, contacting parents, etc.
- Assist teachers in preparing instructional materials directed by the Principal. Operate various office machines, such as copy machines, computers, etc.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by Principal.
- Act ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
Terms of Employment:
Four (4) hours per day, 5 days per week, approximately 190 days per year. The salary shall be commensurate with the classified salary schedule
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Principal in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.