School Nurse | Kimberly
Qualifications: As set by state requirements
Primary Responsibility to: Superintendent
Secondary Responsibility to: Building Principals
- Provides health and wellness screenings and health counseling.
- Maintains health files and provides results of health screenings to parents and teachers.
- Gives emergency care to students who become ill or are injured on school property or on buses.
- Provides education/instruction regarding health related subjects in the classroom, in small groups, and on an individual basis when requested and as available.
- Assists administrators to assure student immunization status complies with state law
- Assists with administration of medication to students when prescribed by a physician.
- Conducts staff development in health related areas when requested.
- Provides health training and information to parents as needed.
- Serves as a resource person for the Wellness Committee.
- Promotes good health practices through communication with students, parents and staff as time allows.
- Monitors and maintains adequate health room supplies for health room.
- Participates in IEP Team or other school care teams when requested
- Evaluates health history forms provided by parents or physicians to assist in identifying and accommodating students with medical needs.
- Develops health plans when requested by the child study team.
- Acts as contact person for physicians and health agencies.
- Refers eligible students to homebound services.
- Supports wellness programs such as influenza vaccines, blood draws, and blood pressure checks.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
Terms of Employment: 160 hours per school year.
Evaluation: Performance of this position will be in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation.