Secretary Special Education | Kimberly
The Secretary to the Director of Special Services is assigned the responsibility of providing administrative and secretarial support to assigned administrators; communicating information on behalf of the administrators to other staff, districts or agencies; and coordinating activities of assigned administrators.
Primary Responsibility to: Director of Special Services
Responsibilities (Job functions)
- Greet employees and visitors to the office in a pleasant, informed manner providing information and creating a positive image of the office and the district.
- Prepare correspondence, notebooks, charts, graphs and studies as required for the purpose of clearly communicating necessary information.
- Complete and submit district, state and federal reports.
- Respond to voice, text and email communication for the purpose of prompt communication of necessary information.
- Assist with the organization and preparation for in-service and workshop activities both on and off campus.
- Manage the purchasing procedures for the different accounts of the office.
- Manage the Director's appointment calendar.
- Maintain student records on the student data management system for the purpose of having accurate data for the different programs of the special services department.
- Maintain hard copy files of correspondence, student records as well as records of staff development and textbook adoption.
- Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Skills to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop creative solutions.
- Knowledge of state and federal policies and procedures regarding special education, gifted and talented education, mental health programs, after school programs and the drug grant program.
- Computer skills including word processing, presentations, email, student data management systems of the special services programs, and internet.
- Knowledge of equipment including printers, copy machines, scanners, etc.
- Patience and flexibility.