Secretary Superintendent | Kimberly
Demonstrated ability to accomplish the performance tasks listed below; such alternatives to the above qualifications as the administration may find appropriate and acceptable.
Primary Responsibility to:
In order to assist the central office administration in the overall operation of the district, the executive secretary shall carry out the following performance tasks:
Operate word processing equipment of various types, along with the responsibility of handling correspondence, reports, notices, recommendations, etc.
- Obtain, gather, and organize pertinent data as needed, and put it into usable form.
- Maintain a regular filing system for applications of employment, correspondence, reports, documents, board minutes, publications, sources of data, etc.
- Place and receive telephone calls along with making a record of messages.
- Perform any bookkeeping task associated with the position.
- Maintain a schedule of the superintendent’s appointments and make arrangements for interviews and conferences.
- Welcome visitors and arrange for their comfort.
- Type up the official agenda for all regular and special school board meetings. Disseminate minutes of all meetings along with the board packet materials one week prior to the scheduled meetings.
- Type and disseminate staff newsletters and district newspapers.
- Schedule appointment and meeting times when appropriate for Superintendent.
- May serve as the Clerk of the Board of Trustees.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent.
- Act ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
Terms of Employment:
Eight (8) hours per day, 5 days per week, year round with vacations and benefits as specified in district rules and regulations. The salary shall be commensurate with the classified salary schedule.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Superintendent in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.