Teacher Middle School | Kimberly
As set by state certification requirements
Primary Responsibility to:
Middle School Principal
To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and psychological growth and maturation.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques.
- Implements by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
- Is available to students and parents for education related purposes.
- Attends and participates in faculty/team meetings.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents.
- Provides for own professional growth.
- Understands and accepts the responsibility to actively promote the middle school philosophy.
- Act ethically in all aspects of the teaching role.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment:
The contract period shall be one-hundred-ninety (190) days. This shall include one-hundred-eighty (180) teaching days and up to ten (10) days to be assigned during the year by the administration. The salary shall be commensurate with the employee’s appropriate place on the approved salary and/or activity schedule.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the middle school principal in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation.