Teacher Sustitute | Kimberly
As set by state certification requirements
Primary Responsibility to:
Building Principal and Substitute Coordinator
In order to insure an orderly and effective instructional program in the absence of the regular classroom teacher, the substitute teacher shall carry out the following performance tasks:
- Be knowledgeable of, and uphold, all policies pertaining to teachers and students as specified in District Policy.
- Report to the respective school office thirty (30) minutes prior to the beginning of school or 15 minutes before the beginning of class at the high school.
- Review with the principal, department head, or other appropriate person all plans and/or schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
- Carry out the responsibilities and duties of the regular classroom teacher to the extent possible.
- Prepare a written summary about work completed at the end of each day and leave for the regular classroom teacher to review.
- Remain in the assigned classroom until thirty (30) minutes after the close of school each day in which the substitute teacher is employed.
- Report to the office at the conclusion of the teaching day to check out and to verify whether or not the substitute teacher will be needed for the next teaching day.
- Act ethically in all aspects of the teaching role.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned i.e. playground, lunchroom duties.
Terms of Employment:
The substitute teacher shall be employed on a daily basis according to need. The salary shall be commensurate with the approved salary for substitute teachers as specified by the Superintendent of Schools.
Performance of this position will be evaluated periodically by the building principal and the certificated teacher of this class.