Technology Supervisor/Data Specialist | Kimberly
- Supervisory skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
Reports to: Superintendent
Supervises: All technology non-certificated staff within the Technology Department of the Kimberly Public Schools.
Job Goal: To use leadership, supervisor, and administrative skills to promote and support the technology and educational development of students and staff. To ensure student information system is continuously maintained to meet district/state/federal reporting requirements.
- Oversees the operation of the Kimberly School District technology department employees.
- Liaison between outsourced service providers and KSD technology department.
- Works with Network Manager in planning and providing for the installation and maintenance of data, voice, and video services.
- Coordinates with Network Manager and outsourced service to ensure upgrades and other necessary maintenance is up to date for district network infrastructure.
- Coordinates with Curriculum/Professional Development Director to integrate technology in the classroom.
- Coordinates district technical training.
- Approves tech equipment purchases.
- Coordinates with outsourced E-rate consultant for yearly e-rate budgets/purchases.
- Works with teachers, administrators, and other staff to ensure compliance with the law and district policies in technology programs.
- Assumes responsibility for budget planning and management for district technology budgets with the assistance of District Business Manager.
- Maintains and updates PowerSchool SIS system. Coordinates support and training for SIS (PowerSchool) with office staff and teachers.
- Troubleshoots integration issues with PowerSchool and other district programs such as Canvas, Transfinder, Ren Place, etc.)
- Tracks CRDC information and other district data as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for his/her own professional growth and development; for keeping current with literature, new research findings, and improved techniques, and for current administrative, instructional, and organization trends.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the superintendent may assign. Terms of Employment: Technology Supervisor’s salary will be determined by Superintendent and approved by the Board of Trustees.
Evaluation: Technology Director’s performance will be evaluated annually by the Superintendent of Schools.