Grounds/Transportation Specialist | Kimberly
Demonstrate ability to accomplish the performance tasks below. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the administration may find appropriate and acceptable.
Primary Responsibility to:
Maintenance and Transportation Director.
Secondary Responsibility to:
Superintendent of Schools
In order to provide students with a safe, attractive, clean and efficient learning environment, safe transportation to and from school, between schools, and to events and activities the facilities specialist shall carry out the following performance tasks which include, but are not limited to:
- Check and empty the outdoor trash receptacles located on the district grounds on an as needed basis.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds on a daily basis.
- Assist the Transportation mechanic when directed.
- Assist the maintenance department when directed.
- Possess and maintain a state of Idaho issued Class B (or higher) commercial driver's license with the proper endorsements for driving a school bus with passengers.
- Must be knowledgeable and adhere to all District policies.
- Must be knowledgeable and adhere to all local, state and federal rules and laws concerning school buses and transporting students.
- Substitute for school bus route drivers.
- Transport students for activity, field and athletic trips as needed.
- Transport special needs students as needed.
- Mow lawns, trim trees and bushes as needed.
- Report any safety or health concerns to the Director of Maintenance and Transportation or the Superintendent immediately upon discovery of such concerns.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Maintenance and Transportation Director or the Superintendent of Schools.
Terms of Employment:
Employment and salary schedule shall be determined by the Superintendent with a recommendation by the Maintenance and Transportation Supervisor.
Performance of this position will be evaluated periodically by the Maintenance Supervisor.