Paraprofessional Special Education | Kimberly
A demonstrated interest in and aptitude for the work to be performed; such alternative to the above qualifications as the District may find appropriate.
Primary Responsibility to:
Regular Resource Room Teacher
Secondary Responsibility to:
Director of Special Services and Building Principal
In order to assist principal and teachers in providing individualized instruction to special education students, the paraprofessional shall carry out the following performance tasks:
- Assist in preparing class displays and bulletin boards.
- Assist in monitoring work of students and the charting of progress made.
- Distribute and collect workbooks, papers and other instructional materials.
- Help students use equipment in a proper manner and to successfully complete instructional materials assigned by the teacher.
- During periods when special education paraprofessional work is not available, paraprofessional may be assigned to other teachers.
- Performs personal care and health needs for the student as required, i.e., lifting, feeding and changing of diapers or clothes as directed by the Special Education Teacher, Director.
- Displays timeliness, cleanliness and willingness to participate and be a part of total operations of Kimberly Schools. Work with integrity and ethically in maintaining confidentiality of all aspects of employment.
Terms of Employment:
The employment period shall be determined by the immediate supervisor and the Superintendent. The salary shall be commensurate with the classified salary schedule. Summer and vacation employment may be offered if funds are available. Paraprofessionals shall have reasonable assurance of part-time employment unless notified otherwise.
Performance of this position will be evaluated periodically by the teacher, Special Education director and/or building principal.